How to build a home bar that will make your guests jealous
Are you tired of going to the same old bars and paying too much for drinks? Why not build your own bar at home and save some money? It’s easier than you think, and with a little bit of planning, you can have the perfect bar for entertaining friends and family. In this post, we’ll walk you through the basics of building a home bar, from choosing the right space to stocking your liquor cabinet. So pour yourself a drink and let’s get started!
Is building a home bar expensive?
A home bar can be a great addition to any home, but many people worry about the cost. After all, commercial bars are often very expensive, and it can seem like outfitting your home with everything you need to make cocktails would be just as pricey. However, it is possible to build a home bar on a budget. There are a few ways to cut costs, such as choosing less expensive liquors and avoiding fancy glassware. In addition, many home bars can be built using repurposed furniture or recycled materials. With a little creativity, it is possible to create a home bar that looks great and doesn’t break the bank.
How to design a home bar.
So, you want to build a home bar? Whether you’re looking to add a touch of class to your home or just wanting a place to hang out with friends, a home bar is a great addition. But where do you start? Here are some tips on how to design the perfect home bar:
First, consider what kind of vibe you’re going for. Are you going for a sleek and sophisticated look, or something more relaxed and homey? This will help guide the rest of your design choices.
Next, think about what kind of functionality you need. Do you want a place to store your liquor collection, or just somewhere to mix drinks? Will you be hosting large parties, or just small gatherings? Make sure your home bar is designed to fit your needs.
Now it’s time to get creative! Choose a focal point for your bar – this could be a statement piece of furniture, an amazing mirror, or even a unique piece of art. Then build the rest of your home bar around that focal point. Choose wisely – this is an important decision!
Finally, don’t forget the details. thoughtful details can really make a home bar shine. Adding little things like coaster sets, drink stirrers & bar signs can really bring your bar to life!
What wood is best for a home bar?
There are many different kinds of wood that can be used to build a home bar, but not all of them are created equal. For example, pine is a popular choice for home bars because it’s relatively inexpensive and easy to work with. However, pine is also a softwood, which means that it’s more likely to dent and scratch easily. As a result, you may find yourself constantly dealing with the unsightly marks left behind by glasses and bottles. If you’re looking for a more durable option, hardwoods like oak and maple are a better choice. Not only are they more resistant to damage, but they also have a higher resistance to moisture. This is important because moisture can cause wood to warp and swell, potentially leading to structural damage. Ultimately, the best type of wood for your home bar will depend on your budget, needs, and preferences.
How to build a home bar.
Whether you’re looking to impress your guests or simply make your evenings at home more enjoyable, a home bar is a great addition to any home. But where do you start? Here are a few tips to help you build the perfect home bar:
- Choose a location. The first step is to choose a suitable location for your home bar. If you have the space, a dedicated home bar is ideal. If not, you can incorporate a home bar into your kitchen, living room or even your garage!
- Measure your space & collect supplies. Next, you will need to draw & design your bar, measuring the area where you would like the bar to sit. This will allow you to calculate how much wood & supplies you need to build your frame.
- Build your frame. Once you have your supplies, it’s time to get to work! The first step is to cut all your timber to size. Once you have the correct length, constructing your frame is fairly straightforward. To ensure your bar is sturdy, you should screw or bolt the bottom of your frame into the ground. You can then screw uprights & cross beams to construct the rest of your frame. Make sure to include any shelving, or space beneath the bar from fridges or storage.
- Add your cladding. Once you have finished your frame work, you’re ready to add your cladding. Choose this wisely, as this will provide the exterior look of your bar! A common exterior cladding is large timber boards. Again, what wood you choose is a personal preference depending on budget & finish, but make sure to buy a good quality varnish or stain to really bring your boards to life!
- Fit your countertop. When it comes to countertops, you can find just about anything your heart desires. Depending on your budget you can opt for marble, granite, or even quartz! However, these materials can be expensive! A more cost-effective alternative wood be to remain with wood. Walnut countertops are a very popular choice as they’re affordable & durable. For installation, simply measure the length you need your countertop, then order the correct size countertop. Once it has arrived you may have to make some slight adjustments using a jigsaw, but once you have the correct size simply screw into your framework below.
- Finally, no bar should be complete without shelving & bar accessories. Continue reading to check out our top recommendations for bar accessories.
The best home bar accessories
No home bar is complete without a few essential accessories. A well-stocked bar should have everything you need to make the perfect cocktail, whether it’s a classic martini or a tropical rum punch. Of course, the most important accessory for any home bar is a good selection of spirits. But even the best liquor collection will be powerless without a few key tools. A cocktail shaker is essential for mixing drinks, while a jigger can help you to measure out precise proportions. A set of high-quality glasses is also crucial for any home bar. Rocks glasses are perfect for serving up neat spirits, while martini glasses can add a touch of class to your cocktails. And don’t forget the ice! Whether you choose to splash out & buy yourself an ice maker, or simply stock up on ice trays, a good home bar should always have plenty of ice on hand, so you can keep your drinks cold and refreshing. With these essential accessories, you’ll be well on your way to becoming the host with the most. Cheers!
So, there you have it! Everything you need to know about how to build your own bar at home. Of course, this is just a basic overview and we’d love to hear from you if you have any questions or want more detailed instructions. Feel free to leave a comment below and let us know what kind of bar-building project you have in mind. We can’t wait to see the amazing bars you all create!