22 Easy Moving House Packing Hacks
Looking for ways to make packing for your move a little bit easier? Check out these moving house packing hacks! These tips will help you pack smarter and faster, so you can focus on the more important things – like saying goodbye to your old home and welcoming your new one!
Moving house packing hacks
Clothes packing hacks
Moving house can be a big task, and packing up all your belongings can be daunting. But with a little planning and some clever packing hacks, you can make the process a lot easier. Here are some top tips for moving house packing hacks for your clothes:
- Start by decluttering your wardrobe. This will make it easier to pack, and you’ll be able to get rid of any clothes you don’t wear anymore.
- Rolled clothes take up less space than folded clothes, so try rolling your shirts, pants, and dresses.
- Pack heavier items like jeans and jackets first, followed by lighter items like shirts and skirts. This will make it easier to carry the boxes and will prevent creasing.
- Use vacuum bags to compress your clothes and save space in the moving van. Just make sure you label the bags so you know what’s inside.
- If you’re moving somewhere warm, pack your winter clothes at the bottom of the box so they don’t take up valuable space. You can always unpack them later if you need them.
- Stuff socks and underwear into empty spaces in your suitcases to fill them up and prevent your clothes from moving around too much.
Jewellery packing hacks
When you’re moving house, there’s a lot to think about – from packing up all your belongings to making sure everything arrives at your new home in one piece. And if you’ve got a lot of jewellery, it can be tricky to know how to pack it so it doesn’t get tangled or damaged. But never fear – we’ve got some top moving house packing hacks for jewellery to help you out.
- Make sure you sort your jewellery into different bags or boxes according to type – so for example, put all your necklaces into one box and all your rings into another. This will stop everything getting tangled up together.
- Use soft cloths or tissue paper to wrap up delicate items like chains and bracelets, and make sure they’re firmly secured so they don’t move around during transit.
- Hook earrings and necklaces onto button holes of coats and jackets, it’s a real space saver.
- If you’re worried about items like earrings getting lost, thread them through a straw before putting them in their box – this will stop them moving around and falling out.
Furniture packing hacks
- Using old blankets and sheets to wrap up larger pieces of furniture will help to protect them from scratches and bumps during the move.
- Moving heavy items like couches and bookshelves can be made easier by sliding them onto hardwood flooring or cardboard before moving them out the door.
- If you have any large pieces of furniture that need to be moved, disassembling them before moving day can make the job much easier.
- If you’re worried about delicate items such as lamps or vases, packing them in bubble wrap will help to keep them safe.
- Labelling all of your boxes clearly will save you a lot of time and effort when it comes to unpacking at your new home.
Kitchen packing hacks
- Use clear plastic bags to pack up your spices – that way you can see at a glance what you’ve got and don’t have to go rummaging through boxes.
- Label all your boxes with both the contents and the destination room with a sharpie or label gun so you don’t have to keep unpacking and repacking as you try to figure out where everything goes.
- Wrap knives in newspaper and store them in something like an oven glove to keep yourself/others safe.
- To save yourself even more hassle, try to use as many reusable packing materials as possible – things like towels and old t-shirts make great padding for fragile items.
General packing hacks
- Using different-sized boxes can help you to maximise space – big boxes for items that don’t weigh much, and small boxes for heavier items.
- Using garbage bags instead of boxes for clothing can save a lot of space. And if you’re really struggling to fit everything in, try packing items into suitcases or even laundry baskets.
- Whatever you do, just make sure you label everything clearly – it’ll make unpacking a lot less of a headache.
So, there you have it – our top moving house packing hacks. We hope they help make your move a little less stressful! We wish you all the best in your new home!